Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation - Progression from preliminary task





















As you can see to the left of my images, my first creation was a school magazine. I used very basic techniques for this such as word art for my masthead. I then used many text boxes for the text along the side and in the top right hand side. I also used very basic colours such as blue and black. I also added lots of images in random places. As you can see from my magazine on the right, i used a lot more complex text such as using a professional website to download specific text to aim towards the correct target audience. i also made more effort within the images in the music magazine. Such as downloading a photo editing programme to be able to change the image into a way that helps to represent my genre. Therefore as you can see that i made the image black and white and also highlighted the image. I then looked at other magazines that also relate to my magazine genre and found conventions to therefore add to my magazine which means that i have improved my research skills to be able to develop a better understanding of the magazine genre i am constructing. I therefore developed my layout skills as i made sure that i set out my magazine into drafts and got a basic layout before going straight into creating the magazine. I also feel that i have gained skills that mean that i am able to work out the route of the eye and be able to link the key features of the magazine to the route of the eye and work out the layout to therefore present the key elements in an orderly fashion.

I used my preliminary task to be able to improve my skills on creating a music magazine as it made me realised what is needed to make an effective magazine and also be able to add all of the relevant information. I also feel i carried out my preliminary task to be able to get an understanding of the basics of a magazine and be able to see how publisher works. Since then i have been able to alternate it to fit my music magazine and also to relate to the music genre.

2 comments:

  1. 18/20 (A)

    To improve further include more explanation of why your magazine would be suited to an institution such as IPC. You could also include an explanation of who your target audience is, and why you think that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Current Marks

    Research and Planning 19/20
    Production 51/60
    Evaluation 18/20

    Total Marks 88/100 (A)

    You now have to the final deadline of the 7th of April to make any further improvements.

    ReplyDelete